ACN: 086 354 716
ABN: 67 120 918 826
IGD Computer Solutions Pty Ltd
Ph: 1300 843 256
Unit 45 / 82 – 84 Abercrombie St
Chippendale NSW 2008
1. Collection of information
We need to collect, retain and use information about you, including your personal information, to provide you with Telecommunications services and do business with you. Generally, this information is collected directly from you but we may collect information about you that is publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available by third parties. Information we collect may include:
- your name
- licence number and details
- date of birth
- telephone number
- email address
- Company Details
- Business / Services physical address and;
- any other information reasonably necessary.
We may also need to collect payment information from you, including credit card or direct debit information, and we collect and retain information about your ongoing services and payment history. You may choose not to provide us with any of this information, but not doing so may affect our ability to provide you with our services.
2. Purpose of collection
We need to collect information from you for a variety of purposes including to provide you with Telecommunications services and do business with you. These purposes include:
- To establish your identity and assess your application for our services
- To be able to contact you during the our business relationship
- To provide you with information about your account, including billing and provision of notices
- To provide you with information about our business and related entities, including promotions
- To be able to answer questions from you about your account and our services
- To manage our risk, including enabling us to undertake a search of a credit database, or any relevant credit history entity
- To undertake appropriate credit searches, in the event that your account goes into default
- To cooperate with enquiries from government and law enforcement bodies and comply with our legal obligations
- To enforce our agreement with you.
We may disclose any information we have about you including your personal or business information as is reasonably necessary or as is permitted by law, including but not limited to the following:
- our employees, including temp or externally contracted staff
- service providers engaged by us, such as data storage, IT, software management, insurers and financial services
- third parties engaged to perform specific functions within our business, such as external Service Technicians or Support companies
- government departments
- law enforcement agencies, including the police
- any person who can demonstrate to our satisfaction a legal or equitable interest in our services provided
- liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer your financial affairs
- debt collection services
- agents for any of the above.
We may send your information overseas. Some of our service providers or other third parties, including data storage providers, may be located, operate or hold data outside of Australia. When information is sent or disclosed outside of Australia we take reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. We utilise service providers who are located in a number of countries outside Australia, please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities in those countries.
4. You make the following authorisation regarding your Authorised Persons:
As you have provided us with personal information identifying your Authorised Persons, you must ensure that you have the right to disclose information about your Authorised Person including their personal information. You must take reasonable steps to ensure your Authorised Person is aware
- that you have made this disclosure
- that we may use this information as we would personal information collected about you
- that they may access and correct the information held by us in the same manner you may correct your personal information.
We may use your contact details, including email, fax and telephone numbers, to contact you for marketing purposes. You may withdraw this consent at any time. We may share your information with our related entities. We will not share your contact details with third party enterprises, and will never sell your personal information or contact details. If you wish to opt out of direct marketing, please contact us at ServiceDesk@igd.com.au .
6. Business / Credit Checks
We may perform Business/Credit Checks. By applying to use our services, including making a web or telephone enquiry, you agree to the following:
- We may search the Credit Check database for information that they may have about your business
- We may choose to refuse you our services, or terminate your agreement, based on our findings with these checks
- Your Company details and personal information may be released to a Debt collection agency or the necessary authorities in the event that you breach your agreement or engage in illegal or threatening behaviour including but not limited to:
- Not paying for services as outlined in your Service Order Form
- Being repeatedly late with payments
- Being abusive or threatening to staff members
- Eliciting the involvement of law enforcement agencies, such as law enforcement enquiries regarding your service usage activities and the execution of search warrants against you or The IGD Group
- Any other breach of your agreement
We may use the information you provide during this application, including web or telephone enquiries, or information provided at any other time. If you do not consent to these terms, you should not apply for services with us. By applying to use our services you consent to the terms and conditions set out in this document and on-line at The IGD Group Terms and Conditions, including our right to search external Business and Credit checks for your details, and to release your information and details in certain circumstances.
We keep your information provided to us in both hard form and electronic form. We take steps to secure this from misuse, loss, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure and access. We employ physical security such as locks on filing cabinet and restricted access to hard files, and other security measures including password protected computers and internet firewalls. Our premises and Offices are secure, under 24/7 high definition digital surveillance and recording systems. Our staff are professional and understand and practice confidentiality. We take reasonable care when engaging third parties to provide services to us where those service may necessitate the third party handling your information, including data storage, file destruction, enforcement of the agreement in any way and debt collection. Our systems are located in Data Centres within Australia and equipment is secured only accessible by The IGD Groups Service Technicians.
8. Accuracy of information we hold about you, your right to access and your right to correct
You may review and correct your personal information by, giving us reasonable notice in writing that you wish to view your personal information, and
To correct inaccurate information we hold about you, you may advise us in writing that your personal information is not correct and provide us with written corrections. We will endeavour to update within a reasonable time.
9. Your Rights – how to contact us about your privacy
If you believe we have breached the Privacy Act 1988 or Australian Privacy Principles and wish to complain, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 21 days. If you do not believe your complaint has been satisfactorily handled or resolved you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. For more information visit: www.oaic.gov.au